Thursday, September 12, 2013

I Am Not ShowTime On Demand

After our summer hiatus (due to writing obligations and kid duties), we are back on track for autumn!

Although I had the misfortune of spending the vast majority of my summer tied to my computer writing four grants, I also managed (as usual) to have some fun dating a really interesting and fun guy.

However, due to his incredibly frenetic, busy, hectic and all consuming schedule (newsflash guys: we're all really busy), he could only seem to reach out to me about 3 hours before he wanted to see me.

Frequently, I would receive texts asking me out literally hours before he wanted to see me.  When I pushed back and said I needed a lot more notice, he would apologize profusely and tell me how busy he had been and how he was just coming up for air now.  Forget it. I'm not Showtime on Demand.

I'm not going to just "show up" and entertain you when and at a time convenient for you.

This seems to be a prevalent trend today with these uber busy uber important Type A guys. To add insult to injury, another guy who wanted to go out with me did the exact same thing.  He would text (not call) me and ask me to lunch on dinner on THAT day.  Hello? I have a job, a business, a life.

I can rarely commit to anything upon 3 hours notice.  And then, when I let them know I couldn't swing it on this short of notice, they seemed irritated and annoyed with me. AS IF.

Here's the thing... you're not busier than I am. Trust me.  Women have busy lives juggling many things today, and we need a little notice.  I'm just not one to show up on a moment's notice.  While I love Showtime on Demand, I'm just not Showtime on Demand.

Make a Plan.  In Advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment