Monday, May 20, 2013

Get out of my Inbox

Out of my League:

By and large, I've heard about this problem from my girlfriends, and it appears to be widespread and pervasive in the U.S. -- especially for those who have experimented with online dating.  (I have not partaken because I'm prone to strong attraction by i) narcissists and ii) sociopaths so my therapist said I have to stay offline a bit to avoid the same).

Here's the thing: These guys who email my 30 something/40 something girlfriends requesting a date
are very old and short and bald and creepy looking.  Like the sociopaths I fear. Many of which are 20 years their senior.

AS IF.  Come on.  Do you think we really want to date septuagenarians in our sexual prime?

You know when you are out of someone's league.  I wouldn't email Brad Pitt for crying out loud.  You need to stay out of our inbox. It's annoying and sets us into a middle RAGE.

Ex-boyfriends:

In addition, if you are an ex-boyfriend who has in the past exhibited extremely bad behavior, also, stay out of my inbox. It is annoying (at best) and traumatizing (at worst).  Recently, a boyfriend (who did me very wrong) from my early college days found me and emailed me twice  (Note: if I don't respond to you the first time, don't follow up with another email. I'm deliberately ignoring you.) wanting to reconnect and attached a photo of himself to said email.  Narcissist!

Now that is traumatizing.  I do not need to see you 20 years later especially when you were such a major douchebag in college.  I doubt much has changed since then.  As such, mean ex-boyfriends, stay out of my inbox.

You know you don't belong there.

Christine

1 comment:

  1. Well, it never hurts to try. And,the inbox rejection is probably a much more gentle let down than a phone call. So, I give them credit for trying.

    ReplyDelete