Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Thermogenics: Setting me into a RAGE

Ragers,

You may have heard from Dr. Oz or other sources about these new (alleged) fat burning/metabolism boosting supplements known as "thermogenics."   Currently, these pills are all the rage. (no pun)  And I am a girl always on the hunt for the magic pill, so I told Heather I'd be the guinea pig. I'd shell out the cash (they are expensive) and put in the hard time to launch a thermogenics pilot project.

My analysis? Don't waste your time and money on "green coffee bean extract" or any derivation of these pills. They don't work! And they really mess with your head, to boot.

First, I tired LipoBlast which the guy at GNC guaranteed would shed fat especially if I supplemented the supplement with CLA. CLA was also on Dr. Oz's list so I tried it too (for 3 months!).  The LipoBlast, like many thermogenics, is laden with beaucoup caffeine so all I got from that was massive afternoon headaches and sleepless nights.  The purported miracle belly buster CLA didn't work one bit. Such a rip.

THEN! I got sucked into the all natural (sans caffeine) Evo Lean. The GNC guy told me women love this one, and it only has natural products like the Oz endorsed green coffee bean extract and raspberry keytones.  So, I decided to take these for a month.  I didn't lose one pound.

Finally,  (you think I would have given up by now), I got roped into the now very popular "ACE" which (allegedly) suppressed your appetite and gives you energy.  Now, I will say this about ACE, you don't eat. It really does shut down the appetite but despite eating less, I only lost two pounds. And I started to feel very low energy and depressed. Why? Because these things don't work! They are expensive and a rip off and set me into a middle RAGE. (Note from Heather - Um, don't forget the FDA warning against the key ingredient in ACE.  These things are forbidden in some professional sports - fall under "performance enhancing drugs" category)

Last miracle pill pilot project is underway.  Human Growth Hormone. I'll report back on the same in 60 days.

I would have liked to have been able to render a glowing report on these pills. But they don't work! Don't waste your money.  Just shut your pie hole and starting moving.  That's how it is done.

1 comment:

  1. I would NEVER take HGH! The last thing I need is to go through puberty again!! I guess we now know what we suspected but always hate to admit--the only thing that REALLY works for weight lose is a healthy diet (SMALL portions!) and plenty of exercise!! :)

    ReplyDelete