Sunday, June 2, 2013

Summer Detox

So, I know Christine was just raving about her protein shakes last week, but I have to share this while I have the superfood high.

I'm always up for a quick detox for both long term health and short term need.  We are headed off to the beach next week, so I'm looking to feel as best as possible considering the workout regimen hasn't exactly been at the top of my to-do list.  My juicing/detoxing buddy recommended this to me after it resembled a similar program she and I PAY to have made.

So what is it??  The 3 Day Detox by Dr Oz.   Dr. Oz fan or not, this is the real deal. All whole foods, no product placement.

Here's the skinny:   3-4 smoothies/day for 3 days.  Sounds tough, but you got this.

  • First, it's loaded with a TON of produce - I mean it - and all the good stuff.  All the buzzworthy superfoods of the day are represented - kale, blueberries, coconut water, almond butter, avocado, spinach, coconut oil, etc.  
  • Second, the combinations are fantastic.  You get a ton of greens, but combined in a way you would never guess they're in there (if ignore the not-on-the-color-chart color a few turn out to be).   I had more produce in three days than I could typically take in in two weeks.  Kiss all those toxins goodbye!
  • Third, no fancy juicer/supercharged blender required.  My regular ol' Oster blender handled it just fine. 
  • AND, I did lose 4 lbs in 3 days.  Seriously!  A nice way to start a vacay!

I'm hooked.  This is my new go-to once a month detox and I'm definitely having at least one of these bad boys a day just to get the superboost of greens and antioxidants.  

Try it, Ragers!  Have your own combos you love?  Pass it along and we'll share!

No comments:

Post a Comment