Sunday, April 20, 2014

Where To Find the Appropriate Work Dress?

Hello Ragers,


This article is actually for you -- we want your feedback about what now appears to be an anachronistic item -- the appropriate work dress.  I know I have written about this before, but I have to revisit this topic because it still sets me into a rage.  While shopping at Nordy's yesterday with my girlfriends, we all noticed and commented on this problem.  The "work dresses" now are very short or have cut outs in the back or slits up the side.  I mean, come on. We're not 23 and in PR in New York City.  Even if I was, I doubt I'd feel comfortable wearing these numbers especially given my propensity to be sexually harassed at work. AND I was looking at the alleged high end work dresses (DVF, Tory Burch,  Marc Jacobs -- all too short!).  Diane Von Fursterberg initially designed her iconic wrap dress for work and then going out after work.  However, it now appears that she totally forgot the work part of the equation. Geez.

Later, I did find some that were length appropriate at J.Crew, but they were so BORING.  The Ann Taylor ones also are so boring totally lacking color or creativity.  So I left empty-handed.  (Ok, I did buy one bottle of Jo Malone perfume, but that was for my mom. It's awesome -- smells like peonies).   Given that I will never wear a suit again because I detest them, the work dress is all I can do this Spring.  So please us know where we can find something that is apropo. (comments welcome below).

P.S. Soon, our favorite guest writer, Ann, returns with an intriguing piece about dating a silver fox.
More soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment