Monday, April 15, 2013

The Perfect Bra

This one has been a big request for women but written for my dear friend Lynn who is trying to find the perfect bra. However, to write this,  I consulted my other friend Lynn, a fashion guru who specializes in lingerie at Nordstrom, so I knew I would get this one right.  I also spent the entire day today trying on bras at two major department stores!

 So here we go.

Okay, girls.  I know we hate spending money on bras (they are so expensive), but we don't have the girls of our 20s.  They are likely bigger and need more support.  I also keep hearing about things like side boobs and bra bulge. This isn't simple stuff. There are a lot of issues to deal with. So you're going to have to suck it up and invest in at least one good bra, okay?

 As such, forget Vicky's Secrets.  Unless you're the rare exception (e.g. Heather) and looking for more bust not less, then you can go to Vicky's and get the tried and true Miracle Bra to add a little illusion.

For the rest of us, you have to go to a proper department store to get a proper bra.  The best two bras I found were expensive but not the most expensive I saw, by far.  I give these two major thumbs up:

1. Natori:  Smooth. Supportive. Looks great with t-shirts. About $65.  Cheaper on zappos.com

2. Wacoal: Supportive as hell. Comfortable. No bra bulge. Looks great with tight  t-shirts and will last like six years.   Wacoal are a bit cheaper at $55, but I got one on sale today for $39.  They also make the best sports bras.

Go get one!
And report back.

Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment