Friday, April 19, 2013

The Perfect Work Dress

Hey Ragers - Christine here. My friends and I are in a middle rage at present about work dresses.

WTF?

I am not 22, and I'm not in PR in New York City, and even if I was 22 and in PR, in New York City,  I couldn't afford these alleged "work dresses".  I call them crotch dusters because they barely cover your crotch let alone your legs.  And then the backs are cut out, to boot.

How can I wear these to work?  I already have a propensity to be sexually harassed. I can't throw these numbers into the mix.

I want a fashionable dress that is not Ann Taylor, and I want one that comes just above my knees.
Is that too much to ask?

For advice and hope, I went to my favorite boutique located not in New York City but in Hudson, Ohio - The Grey Colt.

Katie and Stephanie hooked me up with this number which can be wore plain or with jewelry.

Classic navy.  Elemente Clemente from Germany.
3/4 sleeve and fitted v-neck bodice, obi pockets with soft sheering across the back
Best yet, the fabric is "travel-proof", won't wrinkle and will keep it's shape, and it has stretch.
$268

Second best? Last season, I went with Trina Turk. She was the only designer that made classic as well as vintage dresses that were not skin tight and hit directly above the knee.  Check her out too.

1 comment:

  1. Right on! I've also had good luck with Boden - great fabrics, flattering cuts and very affordable. Mail order only, but they always have free shipping/free return promos that make it easy to get the right fit without a lot of back and forth.

    ReplyDelete