Monday, April 8, 2013

The Power of the Serum

Until recently, I did the 3-step skin care regime I've done since my 20s: cleanse, tone, moisturizer.  I mean, isn't this sufficient?  Remember that 3-step Clinique kit we used to get? Can't I still use that?

Answer: WRONG.

You're not in your 20s so you can't take care of your skin like you're in the 20s.  Now, you need something more (regrettably).

Hence, the power of the serum which I just recently learned about and starting using.  A MUST HAVE for 40 somethings.  (In fact, I'd even starting hitting this if you are in your late 30s).

As best explained to me, serums are like "divers"; moisturizers are like swimmers. You're to use a serum after you cleanse BEFORE you moisturize to rebuild your skin and give it some antioxidants to address aging.

After I started using this daily, within weeks, I started seeing a dewey glow to my skin and getting more compliments than ever.  In sum, get a serum.


2nd best and getting rave reviews:  Clarins (Double Serum Age Control Concentrate)

What are some of your favorites?